We have the answer for Average crossword clue if it has been stumping you! Solving crossword puzzles can be a fun and engaging way to exercise your mind and vocabulary skills. Remember that solving crossword puzzles takes practice, so don’t get discouraged if you don’t finish a puzzle right away. Keep practicing and you’ll get better with time–but we’re always here with answers if you need a helping hand!
There are a few strategies you can use to help you solve those tricky clues. For example, Wordplay is a technique that is commonly used in crossword puzzles to create clues that are both interesting and challenging. This technique involves using various word games such as puns, homophones, anagrams, and double meanings to make the puzzle more engaging and tricky for the solver.
Puns are a popular form of wordplay, where a word with more than one meaning is used to create a playful or humorous clue. For example, a clue for the word “sole” could be “Fish without a partner?” where the answer would be “sole” as in the fish or “sole” as in “only.” Homophones are another form of wordplay, where words that sound the same but have different meanings are used to create clues. For instance, a clue for the word “flower” could be “What a welder does?” where the answer would be “flour.”
Anagrams involve rearranging the letters of a word or phrase to create a new word or phrase that is the answer to the clue. For instance, a clue for the word “listen” could be “Silent,” which is an anagram of “listen.” Double meanings, on the other hand, involve using a word or phrase that has more than one meaning to create a clue that can be interpreted in multiple ways. A clue for the word “bark” could be “Tree covering?” where the answer could be “bark” as in the outer layer of a tree, or “bark” as in the sound a dog makes. If you’re still struggling, we have the Average crossword clue answer below.
Average Crossword Clue Answer is…
Today’s The Sun 2-Speed Crossword Answers
- Football blunder Crossword Clue
- Spanning Crossword Clue
- Confuse lager with bitter initially Crossword Clue
- Seek hand of daughter in club Crossword Clue
- Write and ask about sport Crossword Clue
- Parliamentarian in warm lake swimming Crossword Clue
- Self-inflicted damage to have purpose Crossword Clue
- Mythical hybrid Crossword Clue
- Reversed role: sailor as pest controller Crossword Clue
- Rodent snare Crossword Clue
You can play The Sun 2-Speed Crossword online.
This clue has been used by other publishers in the past, and they have had different answers when published, so the below list is a compilation of all known answers that have been used for this clue.
- MEAN (4 letters)
- NORM (4 letters)
- MEDIAN (6 letters)
- PAR (3 letters)
Clue & Answer Definitions
- MEDIAN (adjective)
- dividing an animal into right and left halves
- relating to or constituting the middle value of an ordered set of values (or the average of the middle two in a set with an even number of values)
- MEDIAN (noun)
- the number midway between the two middle numbers in a series containing an even or odd number of items
- AVERAGE (adjective)
- lacking special distinction, rank, or status; commonly encountered
- around the middle of a scale of evaluation
- AVERAGE (verb)
- compute the average of
- amount to or come to an average, without loss or gain
- AVERAGE (noun)
- a statistic describing the location of a distribution
- an intermediate scale value regarded as normal or usual
That should be all the information you need to solve for the Average crossword clue answer to help you fill in more of the grid you’re working on! Be sure to check more Crossword Clues, Crossword Answers, and our other Word Game coverage.