During The Final Shape Showcase livestream on August 22, 2023, Bungie officially revealed Destiny 2 season 22, which is Season of the Witch. The massive update will be packed with content, such as two seasonal activities, weapons, and a new PVP map.
What can I expect in Destiny 2 Season 22?
The Destiny 2 Season of the Witch will run until November 28. In Season 22, you will be teaming up with Eris Morn once again to master arcane powers to accept the deal made by Savathun before her death. Because of this, the Hive-based season will come with two magic-themed season activities called Altars of Summoning and Savathun’s Spire. Continuing with this theme is the Season of the Witch progression mechanic Deck of Whispers, a new system that allows players to collect cards to buff their gameplay.
Below is a list of every feature coming to Destiny 2 Season of the Witch:
- Altars of Summoning – A three-player mode where you fill a Hive tithing bucket. After it is full, you cash out to earn a bunch of rewards (weapons/armor).
- Savathun’s Spire – A three-player offensive mode. Random encounters and wave-killing PVE mode, where you learn to wield arcane magic from Savathun’s tower.
- Deck of Whispers – Season 22 progression system. You collect cards to build a deck and earn perks on the battlefield (such as adding Arc jolt to your damage).
- Exotic Rotator Mission – New mission that lets you earn an Exotic Weapon. The first craftable weapon will be Dead Mans Tale. Vox Obscura and Operation: Seraph’s Shield will be added into the rotation during the season.
- Stasis aspects and fragments will be moved to the vendor system: Any character who has completed the Beyond Light campaign will be able to acquire all available Stasis Aspects and Fragments from Elsie Bray on Europa.
- Transmats will now be considered unlocks and not consumable items.
- Three new Strand Aspects will debut: Whirling Maelstrom for Hunter, Banner of War for Titans, and Weavewalk for Warlocks.
- New Season 22 Vendor Weapons: Unending Tempest Stasis Submachine Gun in Crucible, Luna Regolith III Solar Sniper Rifle in Strikes, Qua Xaphan V Void Machine Gun in Gambit, Cataphract GL3 Strand Grenade Launcher in Trials of Osiris.
- Ritual update: You can now complete your weekly challenges in any playlist you choose.
- Weapon range update: Auto Rifles, Pulse Rifles, and Hand Cannons will get an update to their optimal engagement ranges.
- New Trials of Osiris armor set.
- New Vex Crucible map Multiplex added to PVP mode.
- Relic 6v6 mode: Players will battle it out with Relic weapons, such as Aegis from Vault of Glass, the Synaptic Spear from Season of the Risen, and the Scythe from Season of the Haunted. After defeating a certain number of opponents with your weapon loadout, you will earn enough energy to pick up a special relic weapon to unleash on your foes.
Destiny 2 Season of the Witch Exotic Armor
The Season of the Witch will add three new Exotic Armor pieces to the game, this time with a focus on arms. Hunters will be able to pick up the Mothkeeper’s Wrath, which transforms the DPS unit into a healer/support. If you are a fan of Void builds, then you are in luck, as Warlock’s new Briarbinds allow you to deploy Void Souls at will. And finally, Titan’s Pyrogale Gauntlets gives a major buff to Burnin Maul and Consecration with epic Solar Flame cyclones. The new Season of the Witch Exotic Armor pieces can be found in the Lost Sector Rotation schedule by completing the daily Solo Lost Sector on Legendary or Hero mode.
- Season of the Witch Warlock Exotic Armor – Briarbinds: Void Souls created by the Warlock last longer and gain strength as they defeat targets. Retrieve them and redeploy them at will.
- Season of the Witch Hunter Exotic Armor – Mothkeeper’s Wrath: A Hunter’s grenade becomes a cage of loyal moths that release on impact and protect allies or debilitate foes.
- Season of the Witch Titan Exotic Armor – Pyrogale Gauntlets: Titan armor that empowers both Burning Maul and Consecration to unleash cyclones of Solar flame.
Destiny 2 Season of the Witch Croata’s End Raid
The new Destiny 2 Season of the Witch Raid Croata’s End will release on September 1, 2023. Old-school players will remember this raid from the Destiny 1 expansion, The Dark Below. The Season 22 Raid will be available for all players for free starting in September.
Destiny 2 Season of the Witch Weapons
Destiny 2 Season of the Witch will launch with a new Exotic weapon called the Ex Diris. Players who have paid for the Season Pass can obtain the Grenade Launcher at Level 1 on the pass. Simply boot up the game, and claim it on the battle pass tab. According to Bungie, the Catalyst will allow the Ex Diris and unleash “Amplified rage-filled destruction.” The Season of the Witch will also launch with a new Seasonal Weapon set which includes a: Machine Gun, Hand Cannon, Sniper Rifle, and Rocket Launcher.
- Destiny 2 Season of the Witch Season Pass Exotic Weapon: Ex Diris (Grenade Launcher unlocked at level 1)
Destiny 2 Season of the Witch Armor Sets
- Thaumaturgic Seasonal armor set (threads can be imbued with the strength of eons).
- Season Univeral Ornament armor set (can be applied to any armor slot).
Although Bungie has announced the new Season of the Witch Raid, Croata’s End, they have not yet revealed which Exotic Weapon will actually be featured in the PVE stage. Many have speculated that we may see Destiny 1 favorite Necrochasm make its return. The Season of the Witch will run through until November, and is one of the last stories leading us to the 2023 Final Shape expansion, which is the end of the Light and Darkness Saga.
Destiny 2 is available now on the PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
The post Everything Coming to Destiny 2 Season of the Witch appeared first on Siliconera.