Team Cherry’s Metroidvania action-adventure game, Hollow Knight, follows the journey of a nameless warrior called the Knight as he travels through Hallownest, which is now a kingdom ruined by a supernatural disease. As the Knight journeys through Hallownest, he can unlock new abilities, spells, charms, and different people that will help the Knight traverse through different areas of Hallownest and defeat enemies.
In the game, there are masters of Nail Arts in Hollownest, called Nailmasters, who will pass their learnings to new pupils. One of these Nailmasters is Nailmaster Oro.
According to in-game lore, Nailmaster Oro and his brothers Mato and Sheo were taught Nail Arts by the Great Nailsage Sly. Oro’s signature Nail Art is the Dash Slash, Nail Art. Oro, however, is not as skilled as Mato and Sheo, and Oro is resistant to obeying Great Nailsage Sly’s teachings even though Oro is respectful towards them.
In this guide, we’ll learn how to find Nailmaster Oro!
The Knight can find Nailmaster Oro inside a hut in the eastern part of Kingdom’s Edge.
In Kingdom’s Edge, the Knight will encounter different kinds of enemies. However, the Knight will encounter these specific enemies on the way to Nailmaster Oro: a Husk Hornhead, a Husk Dandy, a Gluttonous Husk, Vengeflies, Belflies, Booflies, Primal Aspids, and Great Hoppers.
Before the Knight can head to Kingdom’s Edge and find Nailmaster Oro, it is required that the Knight has the Mantis Claw ability, which allows the Knight to cling to walls and jump off of them. Additionally, the Knight must also purchase the Lumafly Lantern from Sly in Dirtmouth to light up very dark rooms. To make the journey to Nailmaster Oro easier, it is recommended that the Knight has the Mothwing Cloak ability, which allows the Knight to perform a horizontal dash forwards, and the Monarch Wings ability, which allows the Knight to perform a secondary jump in mid-air. With this item and these abilities, reaching the Kingdom’s Edge area and finding Nailmaster Oro will be no challenge at all.
To find Nailmaster Oro in Kingdom’s Edge, this is what the Knight must do:
- Starting from the Bench in the King’s Station Stagway Station, take the exit to the left; the Knight will be in a room where they will encounter a Husk Hornead, a Husk Dandy, and a Gluttonous Husk, drop to the bottom and take the exit on the right which will have another Stagway sign.
- Upon entering, the Knight will see a Bench that is broken in half, a flooded Stagway Station, and two Vengeflies. Kill both Vengeflies and drop down on the water.
- Next, keep swimming to the right, where the Knight will go through a hidden passageway.
- Upon entering, you will immediately encounter a dive-bombing Belfly, so dodge or hide below an elevated platform to avoid being damaged.
- Then, jump up the platform, head to the right, where the Knight will encounter two Belflies, and take the exit at the end of the path.
- Upon entering, the Knight will be on the central cliff of Kingdom’s Edge! Head to the right, where the Knight will encounter a Boofly, drop down the gap, and head to the bottom with the help of the small platforms (be careful not to fall to the pool of acid below unless the Knight has learned the Isma’s Tear ability) and where the Knight will encounter four more Booflies, then take the exit on the right.
- Next, head to the right, drop down the gap, head to the right where the Knight will encounter three Hoppers, head up the next platform where the Knight will encounter a Primal Aspid, drop down the next gap, and continue heading to the right where the Knight will encounter three more Hoppers, jump up the next platform where the Knight will encounter another Primal Aspid, then drop down the next gap and continue to head to the right where the Knight will encounter one more Hopper.
- After that, the Knight will reach a tall platform. Head up the tall platform with the help of the Mantis Claw ability, drop down the gap on its right, drop down the shorter platforms, and head to the right where the Knight will encounter a Great Hopper; head up another big platform with the help of the Mantis Claw ability where the Knight will encounter another Primal Aspid, drop down the gap on the right and head to the right where the Knight will encounter another Great Hopper, jump up the next platform, pass through another the narrow path, then drop down the platform and head to the right where the Knight will encounter two Great Hopper separated by a shorter platform in the middle.
- Then, head up another platform with the help of the Mantis Claw ability, head to the right on the narrow path, and you will find a hut with a Bench outside. Sit on the Bench to save your progress, then enter the hut.
- Finally, head to the right, and the Knight will find Nailmaster Oro!
After finding Nailmaster Oro, the Knight can now talk to him and learn the Dash Slash Nail Art, which will allow the Knight to unleash a long-ranged melee attack at the end of the Knight’s dash for 800 Geo!