Animal Crossing is a complex yet fun game. You travel around the world, meet new villagers, create houses for them, and do everything you need to do to expand.
However, there are times when simple tasks like sitting and standing seem harder than getting Anka to reside on your island.
Needless to say, we’ve got a solution for this. So, in this article, we will be explaining everything you need to know regarding the sitting mechanic; let’s jump right in!
Sitting Mechanic In Animal Crossing
While almost every game nowadays possesses a sitting mechanic, the way it works in Animal Crossing is a bit different.
For example, there’s a different method of sitting on furniture than sitting on the part of the map. Therefore, you need to be familiar with the in-game controls to get it right.
How To Sit On A Chair Or A Bench?
In Animal Crossing, you just need to have a chair or a bench in place. In case you haven’t placed your chair yet, just do the following:
- Open your inventory by pressing the X button and locate the bench or the chair.
- Once you’ve got your eyes locked on the piece of furniture, press A to select it.
- Lastly, in the now-popped-up options, select “Place Item”.
Once you have a chair or bench, move towards it, and the game will automatically recognize the gesture and make your character sit on it.
How To Sit On The Ground?
Unlike the near-autonomous sitting-on-the-chair gesture, you’d have to work a bit harder for this one. Just do the following steps, and you’d be good to go:
Step#1: Obtain The Hip Reaction Collection
In order to get the Hip Reaction Collection, you’d have to pay a visit to the Nook Stop. Within there, just do the following steps:
- First, head to the counter, and choose the Redeem Nook Miles option.
- Pour around 2,700 Nook Miles to purchase the item.
Once done, you’d be able to sit on the ground.
Step#2: Sit On The Ground
Since you’ve already obtained The Hip Reaction Collection in Animal Crossing, it’s time to sit on the ground. Just repeat the following steps, and you’d be on the ground in no time:
- First, press “ZR” button in order to open the Reactions menu.
- Then, press the “Y” button to see all your available reaction.
- Within the list, scroll to find the one named “Sit Down”.
- Lastly, choose it, and press the “A” button.
Congratulations, your character is sitting on the ground now!
All in all, you just need to have 2700 Nook Miles in order to unlock the Sit Down emote. There is no in-game mechanics that can make you sit on the ground otherwise.
However, this is not the case for sitting on furniture like a chair on a bench. Just moving towards them will be plenty. However, there aren’t many spots where you’re able to place your furniture, so it’s better to get the emote!