If you fancy a bit moustache twirling then set an alarm for 19th October 2023 as that is when Agatha Christie’s Murder on the Orient Express lands on PC, PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One and Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch.
Now you may be thinking what is the point of a detective game based on a world famous novel, and one that was made in to a film just a few years ago. Well, Microids are updating the story and it is set in 2023, with players controlling both Hercule Poirot and his new sidekick, Joanna Locke.
“On board the Orient Express, legendary detective Hercule Poirot solves the murder that has taken place on the prestigious train, surrounded by a cast of intriguing characters with their own secrets and motives. Solving the mystery won’t be easy and through numerous twists and turns, players will have to use their little grey cells and detective skills to unravel the truth and bring it to light. ”
- Faithful, but fresh: The game is a faithful but fresh adaptation of the original story, with a new character named Joanna Locke added to the story. Playing as Joanna, players can exit the confines of the train during playable flashbacks.
- Embody the legendary detective Hercule Poirot: Enter Hercule Poirot’s head to discover mind maps and make deductions as he navigates the puzzles and objects scattered throughout each chapter.
- A rich adventure with strong twists: Murder On the Orient Express is renowned for one of the most famous plot twists in literary history, and Microids’ game is no exception. But with events taking place in 2023, the investigation will see players venture in new directions.
- A brilliant detective and mystery game: Players will take on the roles of Poirot and Joanna, solve puzzles and make deductions to uncover the truth behind the murder. In a third person view, players will inspect the environment and talk with the protagonists, searching for clues and confronting the suspects.
- Full voice-over: Fully localized and dubbed in English, German and French.
Source: Press release