EA has released their NHL 24 presentation trailer and details with the lead presentation producer, David Pritchett and content creator, TacticsHD. Below are some of the key topics of discussion but watch the entire video for all of the new details.
- Hype Moments – This makes arenas come alive as fans react to both positive and negative events throughout the game using EA’s crowd engagements score (CES).
- Creation Zone Environment – Create 30 more teams, 1500 more skaters and 200 more goalies for custom rosters.
- 150 pieces of animated vanity gear
- 130 pieces of premium vanity gear
- No tape stick option
- Tons of material tuning to make sticks and skins as authentic as possible
- Cages can be placed on any helmet
- Full visor support
- Flex Moments – Celebrations are now up close and personal with full body movement, including signature celebrations from certain players.
- 75 new celebrations in World of Chel
- Brand new camera, lighting and facial animations
- Dynamic rank boards added (career or in-game milestones,
- Graphical improvements include player sweat exertion, 22 new star heads (Player sweat is PS5, Xbox Series X|S only)
- New color commentator is Cheryl Pounder. After listening to her audition it was a no-brainer to feature her.
- Authentic tracks will be used as part of the new face-off moments, some with crowd participation
- Full replays have returned for all offline modes
- Two True broadcast cameras are included
NHL 24 is scheduled to release on October 6 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. For those that pre-order the X-Factor Edition, it arrives three days earlier on October 3. EA Play members can get early access with the NHL 24 trial on October 3, along with member-only rewards throughout the season.