There’s a huge amount of sport on TV this weekend; earlier this morning, England faced off New Zealand in the Women’s Rugby World Cup final, while the Rugby League Semi-Final kicks off shortly. Tomorrow, there’s the T20 World Cup Final, plus throughout the whole weekend we can enjoy some Brazilian Grand Prix action, and there’s all the usual football you can expect this time of year.
Besides that, there’s also so many great games out right now there’s barely a reason to leave the house! To be fair, it’s probably a bit cold and/or wet out, so you probably won’t want to when you’ve got God of War: Ragnarok to play through!
In the News This Week
- Kevin Conroy, the voice of Batman, has died aged 66
- Report: A ‘PS5 Slim’ will launch next year with a detachable disc drive
- BioWare tease next Mass Effect game with a new image
- Control 2 announced with Remedy & 505 Games co-development partnership
- Battlefield 2042 is coming to EA Play and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate in December
- Google starts processing Stadia refunds, aims to finish by January 2023
- PS Plus Extra & Premium November library update – Skyrim, R6 Siege & all of Kingdom Hearts
- The Project CARS franchise has been cancelled by EA
- Gears of War live action film announced by Netflix
Games in Review and Featured Articles
We’re in that period now where the release schedule starts to lose momentum as we get closer to Christmas. For the reviews, there was a mixed bag of scores, with some games worth checking out and others better avoided:
- WRC Generations – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, PC, NSW – 8/10
- A Little to the Left – PC, NSW – 7/10
- New Tales From the Borderlands – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, PC – 5/10
- Transformers Beyond Reality – PSVR – 4/10
Tef also ventured back into Escape Academy for the Escape from Anti-Escape Island DLC. There’s a bit more challenge this time around with another good batch of escape room antics.
Rounding things out for this week, the team at TSA Towers have been playing Sonic Frontiers, God of War: Ragnarök & FM23 which you can read all about in What We Played.
Stranger Things VR announced for 2023
Dragon Age: Absolution releases December 9th on Netflix
Netflix’s The Witcher prequel miniseries debuts on Christmas Day
Here’s what you in our community have been up to this week:
- Andrewww started to play Spider-Man, but hasn’t been grabbed by the story yet.
- willbuchanan gave MrYd a run for his money for the variety of games played, as he dabbled in DOOM, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Mortal Kombat 11, Syberia 3 and Kane and Lynch 2!