Having just had to endure one of those torrid five-day weeks, it seems that a lot of the UK is being treated to some rather nice weather this weekend. Then again, maybe you have a vampiric genetic trait and dislike the Sun, in which case this weather is heralding in the worst part of the year for you.
Whatever your sunshine preferences, let’s have a look back on the week of gaming that was.
In the News This Week
- PlayStation Showcase announced for 24th May 2023
- Mortal Kombat 1 reboot announced, and it’s coming out in September
- EU Commission approves Microsoft’s Activision acquisition
- Blizzard cancels PvE Overwatch 2 Hero Mode – Seasonal roadmap revealed
- The Expanse Episode 1 will debut in July
- Wizard of Legend 2 is coming from the makers of Children of Morta
- Pac-Man 99 servers will be switched off in October
- Dead By Daylight single player game in development by Supermassive Games
- Overpass 2 revealed, coming to PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PC in October
- NVIDIA GeForce NOW Members get access to some Xbox games
Games in Review and Featured Articles
It was a pretty great week for games in the review dock, even if we’re still in the glow of last week’s launch of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
- LEGO 2K Drive – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 9/10
- Grindstone – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, NSW, PC, iOS, And – 9/10
- Humanity – PS5, PS4, PC, PSVR 2, PSVR, PC VR – 8/10
- Monster Menu: The Scavenger’s Cookbook – PS5, PS4, NSW – 6/10
And Dom continued on with a couple of hardware reviews as well.
As strong as the reviews were, we also had some great looks at upcoming games. Dom dove right into the two-wheeled racing of MotoGP 23, finding it to be a great blend of accessible and tough-as-nails sim racing.
Meanwhile, I checked out the opening moments of The Lamplighters League, the next turn-based tactical adventure from the makers of BattleTech and Shadowrun, and Steve checked out the Resident Evil inspired Daymare 1994: Sandcastle.
Rounding things out, What We Played featured The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Lego 2K Drive and Darkest Dungeon.
Here’s what you in our community have been up to this week:
- Andrewww finished off Kona before it left PS Plus and really enjoyed it – ‘I liked the game a lot, it created the atmosphere really well, the snow storm looked quite amazing, and the story kept me interested throughout.
Have a good weekend and I’ll catch you all soon!